locking doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc87ss

Apprentice
Dec 18, 2009
HOUSTON,TX
DO GBODY DOORS LOCK YOU AND PUSH THE ELC. SWITCH DOWN? OR DO THEY JUST UNLOCK THEM . I REPLACE BOTH MOTORS AND STILL WON'T LOCK? WHATS THE DEAL WITH THEM

The switch should lock and unlock them. At least the 85 Monte I had did. You may have a problem with the switch itself. Do both switches not lock them?

It would appear that, unlike your caps lock key, the switch does not work. So, the next thing you need to do is make sure your caps lock is off. After that, you should take out the switch and test it with a volt ohm meter for continuity.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
It would appear that, unlike your caps lock key, the switch does not work. So, the next thing you need to do is make sure your caps lock is off. After that, you should take out the switch and test it with a volt ohm meter for continuity.
heheheh

IhaveNoPantsOn said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
heheheh
thanks im try that today. both motors are new. they might be defected or
somthing

2 brand new actuators defective? Even Auto Zone's quality control should be better than that. I'd be checking the cheapie switches and/or wiring. Of all the things I've replaced on my 2 Cutlass (Salon was manual windows/locks) .... I've enver done actuators .... replaced switch after switch and done window regulators but never door lock actuators.

DrRansom442 said:
2 brand new actuators defective? Even Auto Zone's quality control should be better than that. I'd be checking the cheapie switches and/or wiring. Of all the things I've replaced on my 2 Cutlass (Salon was manual windows/locks) .... I've enver done actuators .... replaced switch after switch and done window regulators but never door lock actuators.
checked both actuators and nothin in check the switches next and see what happens

Are you sure the switches are hooked up right? I know on the bottom of my 82 Camino there are 6 pinouts, and only 3 of them are used. One is a red, one is white, and one is blue. (Ha, patriotic)

Are they making the sound like they're trying to lock - or are they doing nothing at all? If they're not making a noise, then you may want to ohm out the wiring to make sure you don't have a break. Get some test leads with alligator clips on each end and try to jumper each connector one at a time. The chances of having more than one wire broken is pretty slim. Good luck.

peteyb said:
Are they making the sound like they're trying to lock - or are they doing nothing at all? If they're not making a noise, then you may want to ohm out the wiring to make sure you don't have a break. Get some test leads with alligator clips on each end and try to jumper each connector one at a time. The chances of having more than one wire broken is pretty slim. Good luck.
i dont hear nothing no noise at all. going to try ur idea next . thanks for the tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor