Locking Fuel Filler Door/Rear License Plate Bracket Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I have heard that a mid 80's camaro and firebird, and early 90's caprice and impala have a rear fuel fill that locks open. I am curious to know if anyone has tried to install one on a g-body? If so is it an easy 123 upgrade or is there fabrications involved?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Just minor grinding of the bolt holes for the Caprice bracket. The F body ones are a bolt on If i remember correctly....

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
yes the 3rd gen camaro bolts on with no mods

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Nice, thanks guys

tony_ru

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2011
Moscow, Russia
I found a thread that says 3gen camaro door is bolt on upgrade

BUT, I used to have 3gen camaro and fuel door was on left side, did I miss smth?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
On the Camaro it's not the fuel door, just the license plate mount. It folds down to expose the trunk lid lock. Once folded down, it stays down unlike the G-body license plate bracket that springs back up.

And yes it's a bolt on upgrade, shoulda been that way from the factory but it's GM....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor