Long roof for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
That car is tempting for sure. It has some nice features. My concern is the rust. I can't take any time off until after hurricane season

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
That car is tempting for sure. It has some nice features. My concern is the rust. I can't take any time off until after hurricane season
Sure you can. Tell work you are evacuating to Michigan. 😉

Just make sure the sump pump is plugged in before you go...

• Haha

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, rust is definitely a concern, especially a Michigan rust belt car. All in all, it looks like it's been well cared for and the engine install, etc, does not appear to be a hack job. I was also impressed with the condition of the interior. Honestly, I wouldn't mind owning it myself.
I wonder how road worthy it is. Jump on I-75 all the way to Florida...hmmmmmm! :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
nice car but with the 70's 350 how does that effect it getting though the emissions test.... :unsure:
Easy, register the car in Florida...;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Or Georgia. Those were a pretty good motor. had some head gasket issues back in the day

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
No emissions in Mi. If my health issues weren't stopping me , I know I would at least be looking at it today. As Longroof said it doesn't appear to be a hack job and has cruise & air

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My dad had that motor in his '71 Buick Skylark...but the 2-bbl, low performance 260 hp version with the points distributor. But that car moved pretty good.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, I'm glad the title of thread Long roof for sale and not Longroof.... :popcorn:
Thank you, Steve.
No, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. having owned the car for over 30 yrs, I've become too attached to it. Kind of like the Porsche @ 45 yrs of ownership. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment...or I'm a hoarder...or both. ;)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thank you, Steve.
No, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. having owned the car for over 30 yrs, I've become too attached to it. Kind of like the Porsche @ 45 yrs of ownership. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment...or I'm a hoarder...or both. ;)

Jack, I was thinking of you, not the car...... :giggle:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor