Longroof

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Jack... that was a terrible accident along 75 in your area today..at least 10 people dead

florida_pileup_20120129_160917.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
pontiacgp said:
Jack... that was a terrible accident along 75 near you today..10 people dead
It certainly was, Steve.
Not too far from where I live. I think the southbound lanes were still closed this evening. It was a pretty surreal sight. I saw some of the photos taken from the scene...incredible. I think they said that the roadway was badly scorched from the flames.
For this accident to be covered on national news, it had to be horrendous.
Fortunately, I was home working on the car, and not out on the road.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I saw where what they first thought was fog turned out to be smoke from a brushfire the looks to have been intentionally set. Brilliant.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I heard that too about the intentional fire...I drove that route a few times when I lived down there and I don't ever recall that fog was ever a concern in that area but their saying it was a mixture of the smoke and fog.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mark,
I noticed this morning when I stuck my head out the door that it was pretty smokey out there. I have heard of brush fires in the area, but this fire was started more recently. I also heard that it might be intentional. Real geniuses out there. :roll:
In fact, not too long ago, they had to shutdown I-95 due to heavy brush fires.
Smoke and fog is a deadly combination.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
And of course, no one would consider slowing down in low visibility. What could go wrong? :roll:

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Shows you how someones stupuidity can ruin many lives. I hope the guy who started the fire who thought it was cool then , thinks it' s cool when bubby is having his way with him. May he rot in hell for the inocent people he killed. And god bless the Families who have to deal with the pain and sufering. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I personally think the speed limit is too high. It's at 70mph now, but people normally exceed that by 10-15mph. I've been guilty of that myself, but idiots drive that way whether it's raining, foggy, etc.
At those speeds, when there is an accident, it usually becomes a fatality. Whole families have been wiped out by a stupid move on someone's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor