78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
if you had the space i would buy it and part it out

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
Looks like to much work for too little gain to me.
You don't get the wheels either.
The interior front seats look to have some wear on them. The interior might be the only thing quickly saleable from the car (console especially, depending on condition) but not worth $500 IMO.

In junk yards I frequent in northeast mass, there are at least 5 Monte SS in them now most with interiors wheels and engines in similar conditions. So they are still fairly plentiful around here.

Again, too much work for too little gain, unless you part out stuff on the side and are used to doing this.
He will evntually just junk it.

Reactions: 1 user

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
part of me thinks i could profit for these reasons the nose cone, possibly front fenders , possibly trunk or spoiler , rear bumper cover , the rear end if its the posi 373 , the seat mounts , then the interior then could scrap the shell and chasis maybe even sell the rear horns , then scrap the rest . then theres this part of me 1] would have to have it towed to south attleboro theres $200 plus 2 ] to ship the big stuff would be difficult and expensive guess i would have to get it for $200 for it to be worth my time . i do have the space thanks for you opinions

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
if it was not so far i am in need of parts for a 86 so i could buy some off of ya ! LOL

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
IMO... any SS is worth $500...

i also notice it has roller windows not power...

i would love roller windows in mine!

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I guess it all depends on your intentions. If you need/want SS parts, and everything your looking for is in tact, not bad. Great price actually. But if your looking for something to build/drive I'd say look a little more. The fact that he mentions the quarters and doors are gone leads me to suspect floor, trunk, and frame problems. I got dibs on the posi, gauge cluster, steering gear and spoiler 8)

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
i would not build it , only for parting out i mapped it the place is 63 miles away 1hr 20 min wonder what the would cost to tow i think i would keep the steering gear box the ratio is tighter than the malibu stocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor