Looking for th350 torque converter suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Looking for torque converter brand suggestions. Need something that will handle about 300hp and about 400ft/lbs torque with a stall speed of around 2000 rpm for a th350. I realize that the torque number is probably high. Just going by the numbers DynoSim5 software is giving me. Was thinking along the lines of B&M Traveler series, maybe? Unfortunately I'm a little lost when it comes to transmissions.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I ran a hole shot converter years ago. It served its purpose and didn’t cAuse any obvious issues.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i've always reached out to torque companies for recommendations,throwing a dart @a map isn't the best idea w/converter selection.most people under stall(making the car a turd) because they're afraid to loose of a selection will be the end of the world.there's a lot of misconceptions on the subject.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
i've always reached out to torque companies for recommendations,throwing a dart @a map isn't the best idea w/converter selection.most people under stall(making the car a turd) because they're afraid to loose of a selection will be the end of the world.there's a lot of misconceptions on the subject.
Maybe I should of asked is there any brand I should avoid?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Maybe I should of asked is there any brand I should avoid?
steer clear of house brands from parts suppliers.say summit,jegs etc.for the amount of work changing out a converter and the money spent go with a name brand.I've used fti a few times,yank and B&M.the B&M was 25+years ago.a lot's changed so i can't speak to the quality of them now,Hughes has been in the game along time and they have a good reputation too.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I bought a ProTorque for my wagon. They have a great reputation. The 81 has a Coan. Another well known brand.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor