Lowering Kit Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
DO NOT.. I repeat DO NOT buy the Suspension Techniques springs for the G-Body... they are junk and will not give you anything close to what they advertise.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
what springs do you have tony_ss? the look of that monte on yer sig is FRIGGIN SWEET! id like to do something similer with my elky. ya know what would be even better? just tell me the whole suspention setup and ill decide if i can afford it or if ill have to sell my soul to satan lol.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
With springs, trial and error can rack up the costs.. and if you like to get the right stance, then its money well spent. OPG springs $165 a pair. Available in 1 2 or 3" drops. I have the 3 up front and 2 in the back. The rates are perfect, not too soft or stiff.

As for the rest:
Front:
Stock spindles with 12" LS1 brakes
SC&C Stage I kit (tall upper ball joints and SPC adjustable upper arms.
Lower tubular arms (Control Freak brand)
All Moog linkage
Monte SS fast ratio steering box
Bilstein shocks
1 5/16" ST sway bar
17x8 wheel with a 245/45 tire

Rear
UMI solid upper and lower control arms
1" ST sway bar
Bilstein shocks
17x9.5 with a 285/40 tire

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
Walker, Tony knows more about lowering a gbody than me, so I would take his advice first. In my opinion, do not get a 2 inch dropped spring! You already have 2 inch dropped spindles and with a -2 spring, that might put you too low. Get a -1 and then if it clears and you want more drop, just take them off and cut a little.

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
is opg original parts group ? i would like to drop my bu so far i have read spring tech drops to low and hotchkis on one thread didnt drop enough and another person has 16" i-roc wheels and pics look good my set up is 15 x 8 with 275-60-15 on rear . my garage the floor if pretty level and i measure roughly 29" to the lip the front will be 15 x 7 not sure of tire size yet . i havent read really anything bad on the opg another thing i was wondering on the front with original springs if i just added 2" drop spindles what changes to be expected ? i would think with just spindles does not affect clearence tire to fender . i am thinking 2"drop on the rear and want a leveled look if possible thanks for your input

walkeraviator

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2008
Louisville, KY
itsnotanova said:
Walker, Tony knows more about lowering a gbody than me, so I would take his advice first. In my opinion, do not get a 2 inch dropped spring! You already have 2 inch dropped spindles and with a -2 spring, that might put you too low. Get a -1 and then if it clears and you want more drop, just take them off and cut a little.

I have no drop spindles.. car has stock suspension.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
sorry, wrong person, never mind :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor