LOWERING THE CUTTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
maybe the front would work but you don't have leaf springs so the rear stuff would be useless.(the blocks).

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
S-10s use the same spindles as G-body cars. I don't know if the springs work or not. The right way to lower a G-body is to use the dropped spindles on the front and lowering springs on the back. You can use lowering springs on the front also but you'll loose suspension travel and may also screw up handling if you go too low. The drop spindles keep the front suspension geometry the same.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
S-10s use the same spindles as G-body cars.

the S-10 spindles will fit but they drop the car 2".....

Code:
You can use lowering springs on the front also but you'll loose suspension travel and may also screw up handling if you go too low. The drop spindles keep the front suspension geometry the same.

the geometry your looking for won't be found by using drop spindles...you need to put in lowering springs to bring the lower control table parelell....I have lowering springs on the front, about 1.5" drop and the car handles real nice and alot better than with stock springs....

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The stock S-10 spindles won't drop a G-body 2", however the 2" Belltech drop spindles will drop them both 2" . B-body spindles will drop a G-body 1". If you use spindles to drop the front, you really should also install stiffer springs as the stockers will be bottoming out on you in the wheel wells. That being said, may as well just get drop springs and leave the spindles alone.

I have Belltech S-10 2" drop spindles up front - it dropped my car about 3" and it handles very nice in combination with the S-10 bump stops.

Regardless of how you do it, you will need an alignment afterwards.

Many ways to skin a cat when it comes to lowering though :)

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I have stock springs/spindles with one full coil cut off. The car rides great and handles great. I have spindles and a 2" coil with 1/2 coil cut off in my S10. THAT is exciting as a daily!!

True you need to align it after any work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor