LOWERING V6 REGAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnovotny

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Hi guys,
Im from the Czech Republic, so dont have much chances to consult it here. Issue is following: I have 80 Regal V6 3.8 Turbo and want to get it as low as possible but still be able to drive it in Prague. That doesnt really look like california. Actually, I hope you know how hills look like :)))

So after neverending searching I still can find only eibach springs kits that lowers you 0,5-1,5" or belltech spindles that goes like 2,5", but it seems that most of descriptions counts with V8 anyway. So cant somebody, please, advice me what is the best to do with V6? Its enough to go like 2-4" lower. Preferably just with using one thing - preferably just springs and not needing any alligment kit or sway bars. Than I would like to know exactly what product to buy.

Also I forgot mention I ride now 14x6 wheels with 195/60 (or so I think) asnd I would probably like to stay with 14"...but tell me your opinion.
13" are in my opinion too small to drive such town.

Thanks a lot for any experience!
Cheers,
Tomas

My car before bumper filler repair is attached.

Attachments

• regal htc.jpg
    regal htc.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 329

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I just put the Eibach ProKit (.5-1" drop) on my v6 Bonneville. It actually came UP in the front at first. It has since settled back down, but I had to put 1" spacers in the rear. It's probably about the same height as yours is now. That being said, I don't think they were a worthy "upgrade". They're still pretty soft.

The Bell Techs will probably be pretty cushy, too. I would go with Eibash SportLines if you can find them. If you just want to be low, do airbags.

How low can you go? I thought Prague had cobblestone streets? :mrgreen:

tnovotny

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
fleming442 said:
I just put the Eibach ProKit (.5-1" drop) on my v6 Bonneville. It actually came UP in the front at first. It has since settled back down, but I had to put 1" spacers in the rear. It's probably about the same height as yours is now. That being said, I don't think they were a worthy "upgrade". They're still pretty soft.

The Bell Techs will probably be pretty cushy, too. I would go with Eibash SportLines if you can find them. If you just want to be low, do airbags.

How low can you go? I thought Prague had cobblestone streets? :mrgreen:

Yeah, one half is cobblestone, the others just holes in asphalt, each two meters different asphalt.. Not best for such ride :)
Pro Kit is available, Sportline should be too, Im just asking czech dealer. I think I can go like 2" lower.
I would like to avoid using spacers or swaybars.

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
Spindles will drop the front of your Regal exactly as much as they're advertised. So if you put a set of 2" drop springs on it and after they have settled you still feel the front should be lower, you could install either a set of 1 or 2" drop spindles. Drop spindles will not affect the suspension geometry or the ride quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor