Ls engine and 6L80 transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driftcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2018
Hi every body!

I am pretty new and wish to swap my Cutlass supreme Classic Brougham 1988 steering column shifter with 307 Olds and 200r4 to a 5.3 vortec aluminium with all injection system and a 6L80 transmission.
I plan to change the cam, put short headers and appropriate intake.

I am wondering about the wider of the 6L80 and the trans tunnel of that g-body, will it fit? The speedo of my olds cluster will work with? I bought another car with the floor shifter console, mine is steering shifter, I don’t know which one use?
The rear end is 3,42:1 ratio and the wheels size is P245/60r15

I am wondering if that set up is possible with that G-body space
I like the overdrive ratio of my 200r4. I think the 4.02 ratio of the first gear of the 6l80 would push the car very well. I surely forget many details and will be glad of any help and council of those who can give me some input
Thank’s in advance and best regards
Gaétan Lehoux

Reactions: 1 users

Driftcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2018
Hi all,
On a 5.3 liter, if we remove the engine truck oil pan and put a G-body one, is there gonna have less oil?

Can we find a G-body special bellhousing for a 6L80 transmission or the Silverado one fit it well?
Any comments?

Hi every body!

I am pretty new and wish to swap my Cutlass supreme Classic Brougham 1988 steering column shifter with 307 Olds and 200r4 to a 5.3 vortec aluminium with all injection system and a 6L80 transmission.

I am wondering about the wider of the 6L80 and the trans tunnel of that g-body, will it fit? The speedo of my olds cluster will work with? I bought another car with the floor shifter console, mine is steering shifter, I don’t know which one use?

I like the overdrive ratio of my 200r4. I think the 4.02 ratio of the first gear of the 6l80 would push the car very well. I surely forget many details and will be glad of any help and council of those who can give me some input
Gaétan Lehoux
Hi every body!

Gaétan Lehoux

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor