Not open for further replies.

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Re: New Project 81 Monte Build

viera said:
nice project, but the 82 is sexy man more pics pls

thanks this build is going to be alot like the frame off i did on the 82. sometimes i wonder why im doing it again but the 81 was to good to scrap.

heres a link to to the entire 82 monte's frame off build.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8776

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

Blake442 said:
OldBlue82 said:
licence plate lights shaded
40733_10150271486035182_722980181_15186977_7476130_n.jpg

That's a great way to get pulled over...

I was starting to think that too. The night shade does let a decent amount of light through but I made sure I had a spare set before I thinted them. I have my doubts that they will like the shaded tail lights either :lol:

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

family_72209 said:
your bottom trim was missing a piece in the beginning, where did u eventually find it?

Are you talking about the piece on the front bumper cover? it was with the car. most of the lower body trim is in pretty rough condition on this car so i will likely not run it. had to buy 3 sets for my other car to make 1 good set. Im probably going to grind off the tabs and smooth it out.

family_72209

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2011
Little Rock, Arkansas

OldBlue82 said:
family_72209 said:
your bottom trim was missing a piece in the beginning, where did u eventually find it?

Are you talking about the piece on the front bumper cover? it was with the car. most of the lower body trim is in pretty rough condition on this car so i will likely not run it. had to buy 3 sets for my other car to make 1 good set. Im probably going to grind off the tabs and smooth it out.

Yeah, I'm missing that same piece but i can ever seem to find it or a set with it included. if u decide to get rid of your trim i call dibs on that single piece!

78PontiacGP

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2009
Queens,Ny

Wow that undercoating really did a superb job on protecting the frame.And people say it does nothing ha!

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

78PontiacGP said:
Wow that undercoating really did a superb job on protecting the frame.And people say it does nothing ha!

The car must of been oiled every winter for it to be on there that thick (1/2" in spots). I love it when I scrape a section off and the is clean bare metal or factory paint there. In canada its hard to come by where you can almost watch a car rot out from the ridiculous amounts of salt we use on the roads. The only reason the floor got so bad was from the windshield leaking. Cant complain cause i bought the car for $100 just so i could use the header panel on my 82 :lol:

JRG53

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2011
Petal, MS

Oldblue82 very nice work! I'm curious how many frame-offs you've done. I have never done anything close to that and wouldn't know where to start other than just getting my feet wet. How did you get your start? Helping someone else or just diving into it? Again, very nice work and what a bargain on the 81!

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

JRG53 said:
Oldblue82 very nice work! I'm curious how many frame-offs you've done. I have never done anything close to that and wouldn't know where to start other than just getting my feet wet. How did you get your start? Helping someone else or just diving into it? Again, very nice work and what a bargain on the 81!

I got started around the age of 15 when my father decided to undergo a frame off on his 1971 monte which he has owned since 73. I have always been into muscle cars and I already knew a decent amout about cars for someone that age. The 71 monte frame of took around 2 years and learned alot in the process.

monteresto.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

After my dad's project was done I wanted my own project car to learn on. I really wanted a GM "A" body from the early 70's but couldnt find one cheap enough so I turned to the 80's G body platform. I purchased the 82 monte for $500 at age 18 and began on another frame off with my fathers help. The 82 was completed when I was 20 and going through college as an auto mechanic. heres the link to its build
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8776

Now Im starting on my 3rd frame off on the 81monte. It takes alot of patience and time but it is well worth it when the underside of your G body is just as clean as the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor