LS Powered Monte Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks good! I would be careful and check the clearance of the radiator cap area. I had a radiator like that on my Malibu wagon, and I had to clearance the hood brace because it hit the neck. Then my brother ended up with the radiator in his 79 Monte, forgot to check clearance, shut the hood for the first time, and messed the neck area up and it leaks now. Just a tip. :D

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
:shock: COMING TOGETHER LIKE BUTT CHEEKS!!! VERY niCE!!! looking forward to the start-up :D

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
liquidh8 said:
Looks good! I would be careful and check the clearance of the radiator cap area. I had a radiator like that on my Malibu wagon, and I had to clearance the hood brace because it hit the neck. Then my brother ended up with the radiator in his 79 Monte, forgot to check clearance, shut the hood for the first time, and messed the neck area up and it leaks now. Just a tip. :D

Thanks! Ive had the hood closed a few times already and it doesn't touch. Lots of clearance with the truck alternator too.

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Finally buttoned up the engine this weekend. Topped it off with a Holley ultra 750. Ran into some troubles getting my laptop connected to the MSD 6010 since my laptop did not come equipped with the ancient serial cable connection it uses... you would think they would upgrade to usb by now :blam: But I managed to get a timing setup saved to the box finally. The car sounds great and the throttle response is amazing with the tsunami cam. Makes about 60psi oil pressure at idle and runs at around 190 deg. Shifter, drive shaft and some exhaust and shes on the road :D

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Looks great man! Hey about that ignition box im buyin the msd 6010 for my 5.3 is the harness long enough to mount the box to the firewall or do i have to buy extentions cuz im not sure if i wanna put it on the intake or not

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
jacobdavis1979 said:
Looks great man! Hey about that ignition box im buyin the msd 6010 for my 5.3 is the harness long enough to mount the box to the firewall or do i have to buy extentions cuz im not sure if i wanna put it on the intake or not

Ive got mine mounted on the passenger side inner fender with the supplied harness. You should have more than enough to mount it on the firewall

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
OldBlue82 said:
jacobdavis1979 said:

Ive got mine mounted on the passenger side inner fender with the supplied harness. You should have more than enough to mount it on the firewall

Sweet thanks man! I appreciate the help im still a 5.3 noob lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor