LSx Harness Swap Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSD-Ignition-60 ... _499wt_924

The MSD 6012 is usually used when going carbed. It also states that the controller can be used on efi engines. The controller only controls ignition and timing. I was wondering if you stayed efi could it be possible to use the 6012 instead of going through the hassle of buying or modifying a harness and getting computer flashed? I dont see why it wouldnt work. This would let me keep fuel injection, make tunes adjustments myself instead of sending in for a tune.

My only concern is with the fuel system. I know either way I need electric fuel pump and regulator. My concern is with controlling the injectors. I can get the fuel to the motor but wondering how to control the fuel supply as needed per duty cycle.

MREGW

n00b
Jan 11, 2010
Va.
you're gonna have to have a computer to control fuel inj. there were a few sites out there that were doin really cheap harness conversion, they also would do the ecu tune as well. i even found a few on ebay. but i did my conversion in '06 so i don't remember them all. but if you're not doin any mods to your donor engine, the tune wont be a problem at all, just cutting off VATS, emission, etc.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
The injector computer is going to need to know engine load, RPM, timing, etc. I think you might get a batch fire but sequential would be harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor