LSx swap fuel pump upgrades on wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
How is everyone doing the fuel pump upgrade in the station wagon I have seen options for the 2 door style tank but not the wagons? I am gathering parts for my 1983 Buick Regal Wagon doing an 5.3 LS swap going to single turbo later as well.

Any help?

Thanks!

CoachFoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Nebraska City, Ne
I'm working on my 83 Bonneville wagon. There's nothing out there for wagons! I did talk to someone at TanksInc in Iowa. Very helpful. They may have something that will work. They make a drop in pump with a sump and an install kit for less than $500. I haven't don't enough research yet, but I know there's little to nothing for long roof owners!

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I have a 2 Dr but a guy from work has used the aeromotive stealth kit that you cut a hole in the tank and put the foam in with their sender and bolt in place. May be the easiest and quickest solution

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Check in the build threads section on this site. There's a thread called IROC wagon project. The member who is building that car is using a TPI engine in a wagon. I know that its not an LSX engine, but the modificationsshould work though. I think he's using a mofigied Astro van sending unit in the Malibu wagon tank. Hope this helps.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Juveteach

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2014
Concord NC
I'm building a 79 Pontiac LeMans wagon and I'm going to use a 94 ASTRO van sending unit and a NEW tank and ...wait for it......a 04 FORD FOCUS SVT fuel pump. $40 bucks on RockAuto...but has a 3/8th's outlet and 55-65 gph and produces 65psi. I've looked around for a factory style pump with a 3/8th outlet for easy purchase and replacement if needed.
I will be posting a build post shortly.
This is my 2nd swap and I used a 98 C2500 truck pump on my 1st build.
My $0.02

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Just went through this on my 83 Regal wagon. Initially I was thinking of cutting the stock pickup and attaching the walbro to the existing feed line... not sure how I would have run the return line. But instead got the sump kit from Jeg's/Summit and modified the tank. It's a bit tricky to get it completely sealed up with welds, but hopefully this set up will not burn up the pump because it's gravity-feeding. It may be a bit loud and I don't like the idea of an exposed pump and lines, but it's the cheapest route I could come up with for now. if you have the money, I would suggest going with the Aeromotive or a Vaporworx set up. Probably the safest plan other than a custom built tank ($$$).

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
I'm running a 2015 Toyota Camry fuel pump with 1987 4.3 Monte Carlo sending unit ;) pumps was free as we make them where I work .. Feed through corvette regulator/ filter
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor