Manual Trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
oh i see. that's when web site like monte carlo depot screw us over and charge so much. thanks for the help!

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
:? pretty much. lol

D's350GP

Apprentice
Aug 14, 2006
I know that im gonna be stuck with the 700 for a while, but now im considering building an autocross style car when im "done" with the GP. So i'll have my decently fast cruiser/drag car, and a car that i can bang gears and burn corners in. Speaking of which, whats a good platform to begin with for that style of car?

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
you are joking right? please say yes.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
f bodys are perfect for autocross. throw in a set of frame connectors and a strut brace and a g load brace (braces the steering box) you will have a solid start, then later on you can throw in a cage if you want. the v6 cars were close to being eligible to compete from the factory when they were first introduced (early '80s) and after you get going on the car you can always put afco sway bars and factory 1LE suspention and brakes on it.

1LE cars actually pulled better G's than the vettes of the same year! then GM upped the ante again cause their flagship was .......... their flagship and thats a no no. lol

80ECLT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Wisconsin
Not to jack your thread but I have a g-body correct bellhousing if you need it. I might even have the correct clutch fork if I look hard enough. I have done the swap and it is easy and well worth it!! My advise is to get the parts while you can, because I paid a mint for the stuff, and it is getting scarce!! Everyone is wanting to perform this swap! :D

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
how much (arm and a leg or just arm?)

80ECLT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Wisconsin
$175+ shipping for bellhousing and clutch fork.

I also have the z-bar and frame bracket.

I can make you a killer package deal.

Thanks

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
HELL, that price is just a few fingers and maybe a toe for the whole package. lol :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor