Manual Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

RO86SS

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2009
tampa,fl
YES THEY MADE A MONTE CARLO WITH A MANUEL TRANS MISION

THEY MADE IT IN MEXICO CAME WITH A STANDARD 350 WITH A 4 SPEED IF IM CORECT.LET ME KNOW IF YOU CONVERT SO YOU CAN GIVE ME TIPS...THANKS RO

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
I just did it in my grand national.....the only speed bump I hit was the feed line for the clutch master cylinder being right up against the brake power booster....I went with a Raybestos CMA39838 and the feed inlet is angled differently and made it perfect with no interference issues.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Shooter66

n00b
Jun 27, 2009
I have a 78 Monte that came with a four speed and a 305 from the factory.
It now has a 327 and needs to be restored. I am thinking about selling it and thought this would be a good place to check out. This is the only Monte I have seen with a stick, I have seen a Malibu once and that is all for the G bodies.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
GP403 said:
Olds could have had a 5-speed from 78-79 or 80, not sure about 4-spd...
It's true about the 5-speed but only with the Olds 260 V8. A Saginaw 4-speed was available with the Chevy 305. Saginaw = fail, I broke two in my Cutty without trying very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor