Max Revs on a Cast Crank SBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle3108

n00b
Apr 8, 2009
valvetrain is the main part of the motor as why they come with limiters.... rpms are almost always determined by the valve train beef it all up maybe go roller.. but beef it up heavier springs and light weight valves.. and for the push rods dont go lighter smaller... go bigger heavier sense that is were most of the stress is but on the valve train..i just read cant remember where but on race applications they were using much thicker push rods than stock much much larger... once the valvetrain is built i meant BUILT then i would start on the bottom end with steel crank.. and i really dont see the need for forged internals if you dont plan boosting or hitting it with nitrous... just high quality alluminum alloy pistons and rods.. the lighter the better remember when it comes to rpms... exception (pushrods) and good flowing heads with just a pocket port polish will do wonders for a well built valvetrain and member a better built valve train your allowed to run i higher lift and rpm cam :D

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
y didnt you go 4bolt main?

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
gs dewd said:
7500 to 8000 wow. You are going to need and I am guessing here a steel crank, forged pistons, h beam rods,and 4 bolt mains to live under sustained high rpms. Hell when I had my Eclipse gsx I had a complete built motor and was scared to hold the rpms past 6500 for to long even though I shifted at 8500. I would guess you may need to consult with someone who builds or races sm blk chevy's on a road course and see what they use.

Lol, my taurus sho sees 7k on a daily basis and its the most reliable car i've ever owned. I guess those japs have performance and longevity down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor