Maxi-frig questions???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
So, i am looking for advice here,

My next project on the Monte i will be rebuilding the AC system, new compressor, filter dryer, condenser, everything. I ran across a product i have never heard of, called Maxi-Frig, it is R134&R12 compatible. The old farmer i help out during harvest uses it in his equipment, and from what i have seen in person it works very good.

Has any one used this stuff??

Any recommendations on a product i should use?

The rest of my fleet runs R134, so i would like to get one product for all.

Thanks ahead of time

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Personally, I avoid all those "alternative" refrigerants. While I can't speak to Maxi-Frig specifically, most of them are propane or butane based and aren't something I want circulating through my dash. They do seem to cool well though.
If you're going through the trouble and expense of replacing all those components, why not just do a 134A conversion? It's cheap and common.
One other point -- Never use those zip-cans that contain anything that is supposed to fix leaks. That sh*t will ruin your system and gum up a recovery machine. We had a sign up at the last shop I worked for warning customers that they'd be liable for damage to our equipment. IIRC it was a $1200 repair.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
Good to know, about the propane, i didn't know that was a thing, as for stop leak, i am one of those guys that all leaks, no matter what it is, need to be repaired right. I don't stop leak anything.......other than Slime in my small equipment or bike tires.

Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor