MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

82Poncho

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nice to see you getting your car oot and aboot :wink: My GP is also Charcoal grey metalic. Paint code #84. I got the guy at NAPA to mix me a spray bomb which I used to cover up serious rust under the body side mouldings. I have not even filled the pits on the passenger side yet but being the same colour make it less noticeable. If you want make it look better, quick, easy and cheap I would suggest that. It is the same paint you would get mixed for a spray gun and won't cause any problems when you go for the full paint job.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
no real updates here. just been driving the car. going to change the oil this week and wash her again as there is a cruise in fri and sat night.

did get my drag radials mounted up. look good on the car. the 275/60/15 fills the wheel wells nicely, but they are close to the frame and if i sit in the bumper the fender trim hits the tire. so............... i bought aluminum drums which will space me a little farther away from the frame (note: i can currently get my hand between passenger side tire and frame but only finger tips on drivers side. so the little extra thickness of the flange of the aluminum drums should put me in my comfort zone). then i ordered an eastwood fender roller and plan to roll the lips so i should be good in that department when i get finished.

also got my express down window kit and headlight harness in from gmachinez. all i can say is people give him hell for the wait to get their harness in, but its totally worth it. all his stuff is gm color coded, the connections are all perfectly soldered. he really puts alot of time into them. so props to you sir.

hope to get the h1 high beams and h4 low beams done soon. the windows will wait until i put my new lower door panels on with 5.25" components.

how they came home from carlilse gm nationals

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Well installed my new headlights yesterday. H4 low h1 high with osram night breaker extreme bulbs. Absolutely amazing light out put. I used a relay harness gmachinez made for me. Only issue is somehow I have power back feeding into my highs with lows on causing them to be barely lit.

Did my first oil change. All I have to say is its a royal pita with longtibes, manual clutch linkage and a kicked sump oil pan. Had to disconnect clutch linkage to get filter out.

But on another note we went to a show last night to benefit toys for tots

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Great thread and good job on the build.....nice color choice too.... :respect:

Rok_OEM

Apprentice
Mar 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
Just went thru the whole build, I must say I have never been much of a 78-80 regal fan but yours is amazing!

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Thanks for the compliment. Been busy with work and haven't been around much. Still plenty to do to her when I find the time but I've had a good time driving her the past couple of months. Need to go outside and readjust the clutch when I get a chance

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Well have had some up and downs as some know. Fried a clutch. Turned the flywheel and put in a new sfi approved act 6 puck ceramic clutch with their sfi hd pressure plate

Pulled the trans apart and found a broken snap ring on the main shaft behind the midplate. Replaced it and reassembled with a new autogear tailshaft housing and autogear bronze bushed side cover.

Now she's down for body bushings. Clutch wasn't fully disengaging, upon inspection the clutch was lifting the body off the frame. So here we go energy suspension poly bushings

Decided the car wasn't loud enough so I replaced the pypes street pros with pypes violators.
80 Regal w/ 383, pypes violators: http://youtu.be/galtPG150uw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor