Meet Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
Well, after braving 2 winters in upstate NY in my Monte, I now have an alternative vehicle. This is Rusty, a '97 Subaru Outback with 200,000 miles. I got it from my mom's boyfriend who just got himself a truck. Its not the best looking car out there, but its not too bad either. Plans for this year are doors, some paint touch-ups and keeping it alive through the winter. In the summer, I might lift it an inch, paint it a brighter color for visibility in the snow, and other improvements. Basically, my goal is to have the best car for the lovely weather here in NY. What do you guys think? Anybody work on one before?

Attachments

• DSCN0757.JPG
    DSCN0757.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 441

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My son had a Subaru legacy that I worked on. Changed the clutch in an afternoon without getting under the car. It was well built and easy to work on so I hope yours is the same.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I just put it up on the lift and it seems to be alright. It could use brakes and an oil pan, but all in all its not too bad. Mine is an automatic though, so if I'm working on the transmission, its not good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor