EL CAMINO Mexican market El Camino equipped with 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Well, visual inspection is not the problem at all. Casting numbers are more or less unknown here anyway. Problem is, If they catch you doing 150 in a car that should so maximum 100 you have some explaining to do. The 350 I have is a mid 70's 4-bolt.

Reactions: 1 user

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Well, visual inspection is not the problem at all. Casting numbers are more or less unknown here anyway. Problem is, If they catch you doing 150 in a car that should so maximum 100 you have some explaining to do. The 350 I have is a mid 70's 4-bolt.

Well since G body cars (as far as I know) in America all have an 85 MPH speedometer... Just say you were doing 85. 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I get the feeling there are a lot of "but in Mexico..." G-Body myths floating around out there. I still have my doubts about the legendary Mexican Monte, and now an El Camino version?

Doubt the Mexican Monte SS? Curious how come, I’ve been around MCSS’s pretty deep for 20 years now, no doubt it’s legit in my mind. Would have to be a large consipiracy for that to be made up 🙂

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Well since G body cars (as far as I know) in America all have an 85 MPH speedometer... Just say you were doing 85. 😎
Been there, done that. All I got is a nice ticket:X3:

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Doubt the Mexican Monte SS? Curious how come, I’ve been around MCSS’s pretty deep for 20 years now, no doubt it’s legit in my mind. Would have to be a large consipiracy for that to be made up 🙂

I've seen photos of *one* . On this site, I'd have to dig it up again but I don't think there was any documentation surrounding it, just some photos of a single Monte with a 350 / 4 speed and a Pontiac dash. For it to be legit in my book there needs to be something else. A window sticker, a build sheet, RPO stickers, some internal communications, photos of it on the showroom floor... Otherwise its just one guy's car. I need to go back and review that particular thread I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Gotcha. I've seen somewhere in the 5-8 range online, same dash/seats/interior, some have had the side mirrors changed, repainted, etc and there was the guy who e-mailed me in the early 2000's with a copy of the brochure Chevrolet made for it.

http://montecarloss.com/MexicanSS.html

And the brochure that I posted on my Geocities site back then (yep, Geocities!) that is long gone. And sadly I don't have the pictures saved anywhere. Hopefully someone out there has one and they can be saved properly.

http://www.geocities.com/paul023.geo/MexicanMCSS.html

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Gotcha. I've seen somewhere in the 5-8 range online, same dash/seats/interior, some have had the side mirrors changed, repainted, etc and there was the guy who e-mailed me in the early 2000's with a copy of the brochure Chevrolet made for it.

http://montecarloss.com/MexicanSS.html

And the brochure that I posted on my Geocities site back then (yep, Geocities!) that is long gone. And sadly I don't have the pictures saved anywhere. Hopefully someone out there has one and they can be saved properly.

http://www.geocities.com/paul023.geo/MexicanMCSS.html

OK. Now we're getting somewhere. I may start to believe this now. I was able to pull the pix from that page from archive.org and I'll post them up in the media gallery. Between that and another site I found with an actual build sheet, complete with LM1 and M67 codes....

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor