307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Yes it was. And apparently it had a 350 to go with it.

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
That looks awesome unfortunately they are also rare in Mexico because I have been there many times and have yet to see one.It also has the Grand Prix type interior.They also have a Chevrolet 400ss and 350ss pickup similar to our 454ss but there's also came in a step side, newer models, and different colors other then black.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I love the commercial. Moy cool... :D

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
83Hyrbyd said:
That looks awesome unfortunately they are also rare in Mexico because I have been there many times and have yet to see one.It also has the Grand Prix type interior.They also have a Chevrolet 400ss and 350ss pickup similar to our 454ss but there's also came in a step side, newer models, and different colors other then black.

really? what parts? my dad just went to visit my grandma and the zetas robbed him twice while he was over there. let me tell you, some of those cartel mother ****ers got sweet cars, i bet theres a few GNXs owned by cartel

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
My guy lives in Mexico so I have heard about this. There is a steady market / flow of new/used GM parts all throughout mexico, some are cheap reproduction parts that get imported from China but most are good parts, and there are still lots of old GM car parts in storeage down there that never made it up here for production that people are selling to this day. Since owning a GM is very cheap to get parts / maintain and there is always the availability of those substandard Chinese parts to skimp on maintenance special edition cars like the Monte SS/ 442's/ Fleetwoods and step-side pick ups are highly desireable vehicles to the cartels over there. My friend said his father ( a mexican mechanic) once visited a warehouse and a fellow mechanic had stowed away some old white box caprices that never became taxis in the early 90s because the bubble caprice came out that year, and they were just sitting under plastic hidden in a dank warehouse with a bunch of spare 0 mile 305 engines and 700R4's there too! There are many people holding on to obscure stuff like that in warehouses down there because the market was flooded w/ an overload of that stuff for such a long time that back then it wasn't worth anything, and some stuff like that is just now finally finding itself installed in newer cars

What does it cost a criminal to repair his vehicle when mechanics are part of his gang - on standby basically, and he has access to stolen parts, low price on the ones he can't find junked... almost nothing! Then the only cost of ownership becomes strictly gas/oil/coolant! Don't visit mexico driving a G in good condition or you will definitely get jacked! Definitely don't bring the silverado step-side or 80s blazer down there either :rofl:

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
hell yea i would never take my car, they would pistol whip the crap out of you if not just shoot you in the face broad daylight and be driving there kids to school in it the next day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor