Middle aged 'NEWB' here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnaarnold

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2011
Well, I am on the way to be the owner of a 1988 Olds Cutlass GT. I found it here in NC and went and looked at it last Saturday. It is all original and clean as can be. The odometer shows 50,000 + and by the looks of the car, it seems to be accurate. The car is completely unmolested and the interior is nicer than my 2002 model car! I have several questions which I will post in the appropriate forum. Thanks for all the great info...
John in the Triad of north Carolina

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Welcome! Post lots of pics of the car and vin # too it should have a Y vin like a regular cutlass they're a very rare car. Not worth a whole lot because the package was made available by a dealer or aftermarket company, not GM. There were a very limited number that looked similar to a 442 modified in NC, so it makes sense you found it there.

jnaarnold

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2011
So would 3250.00 be too much to pay for a car like this in 90% condition? Paint is very good, interior very good to excellent, mechanicals are very good. I am giving the guy 3250.00 for it. Thanks again
John

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard John!
Please post pics of the car when it's in your possession. We love pictures. It sounds like a nice ride.

If the car is as nice as you describe it to be, it's probably worth the $3250. asking price. Good luck!

jnaarnold

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2011
I will definitely post pictures. I have been looking for a car like this to 'fix-up' with my five kids. Longroof79, good to see you're in Gainesville. I am a huge Gators fan! I was born and raised in St. Petersburg..lived there 28 of my 41 years. My twin brother is a K9 officer there in Alachua County SO..( better behave)..lol
Thanks for all the help guys.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I think thats a good price, nice original g bodies go for 3-4 grand around where I am. Other places of the country from what I've seen on this forum are cheaper, probably because the cars don't rust through.

Try to grab it for 3000 if he doesn't budge then 3250 isn't a bad price. Its something very rare and different, but I don't think it will ever be as collectible or valuable as the H/O, 442, hurst/aero etc

jnaarnold

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2011
Well, here it is..needs some work, but all in all for the age and low miles, I think it was a great find...
_DSC7839-1.jpg

_DSC7835-1.jpg

_DSC7842-1.jpg

mike87442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2010
homer glen illinois
Nice car,welcome to the forum.
I say clone it as a 442

P.S. 41 is not middle aged,I'm 45 and I dont expect to reach middle age for about 10 more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor