Mind warping music videos

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Nick she had a complicated and tragic life. It was a Bob Dylan song. But check out "The girl on a motorcycle" 1968 movie. At the end of the music video they stop before the actual awful ending.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Seem to recall that at one point she was a girl friend to one of the Rolling Stones? I remember her best for the song "Broken English"

As for the movie, 1968 and English? Not a bird's chance in a cathouse of it ever have getting past the local censor board. Totally composed of ultraconservative religious fanatics who routinely suppressed anything that they thought might be offensive. The local italiian community end ran them by offering movies in Italian as a 'cultural' presentation. Guys i knew in grade school said they were about as racy and suggestive as a movie could get with all the best stars working and acting in the studios on the continent that routinely ignored the censorcrap that the west was so bogged down in. Heaven forbid you actually got to see a movie that made you think!

As for the probable ending for the movie you mentioned? Likely to be something evil and nasty that either killed her or the bike or the two of them. Motorcycles in that era were considered suicide machines and the people who rode them to be criminals so it is highly likely that the fate of that ride was to get T-boned or head-oned by another vehicle, car or truck. or maybe she rode it off an embarkment into a tree or a lake or river. Typical "heroine dies as the movie ends sort of English Tragedy and all very gloomy and sad. Wouldn't want to watch it on a bet just because of the fate of the bike. There were never that many of that particular version of the Shovelhead made because it was an interim or prelude to the already designed follow on Cone Motor version that would get introduced in 1970. A lot of civilians thought it was just a new top end that had been mated to the last version of the Pan bottom end which had also been redesigned the year before when the electric start was introduced. Mostly it was Harley just trying to look the best it could for the upcoming buy-out by AMF.

By any chance did she ever get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Be a total bummer if they overlooked her for a spot, given some of miserable pukes that have gained a spot at one time or another.

Nick

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
You can find that movie on the interwebs pretty easy. Yes, it was racy for the time. I remember back then the censorship police were everywhere. I went to Catholic grammer school and they banned ALL the James Bond films, the Beach Party films, anything that even suggested sex, and they led an absolute Holy War against Night of the LIving Dead. Of course we drove many miles to watch it and we loved it! And then by the early 70's you had full blown sex on the screen so I don't know what all the fuss was about given the sex scandals that plagued the Catholic Church even still. I don't think many people today would have survived the post WW2 conservatism that ruled right up to the Vietnam era. I remember my Dad telling me to get a haircut or don't come home. I do NOT miss those days.

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
your Pittsburgh ties
As they went town to town giving zombie reports I was yelling out 'HOLY COW! That's where [ fill in the blank] lives!!!'. Other people in the theater were not amused. :mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Your commentary just about nails things on the head for what life was like for me as well. The whole theme ran along the line of "You are a sinner and will always be a sinner so we will help you to be repentant by heaping relentless piles of abuse and condemnation on you for things you haven't even learned to think about yet." i even did a stint in a Catholic High School! The irony of it all is that not a single one of any of those buildings still exists as a school; they've all been either torn down or decommissioned and converted to other uses.

As for movies, 007 and Annette Funnicello did make their way onto local screens but the ticket staff carded everyone for age and back then you had to be 21 and have a birth certficate or age of majority card to prove it. To this day I still think the blue hairs used to post spies and take pictures of attendees so that they'd have evidence to harass and condemn people from the pulpit for breaking the commandments. Geographically we were already in Siberia, so they just tried their worst to prove it.

Just gave it a thought and the last movie that I think i went to see was a special showing of Bert Munro's Life Story and his land speed record attempts. The local movie theatre is a multi-plex and more of a hang out than a place to actually watch a show in peace and quiet. Progress giveth, and progress taketh away................Meh..

Nick

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Mind warping in a sense that the women of today are complete garbage compared to the real women of the 80s.

Heres to you mr 80s tight workout clothing for hot women inventor guy!

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada

And as a total sidebar to the thread running on the Non G-body forum about gardens and garden raiders

WHY???

Just because it's Friday and i can..........................................

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And just when y'all thought that the musical carnage was over.......................................

And Finally? a little something for the destructiveness in us all

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor