Mind warping music videos

In the old days, to get the effect the guitarist was displaying on the first guitar solo, they used to use a Coricidin bottle, glass version, on their finger. I see here that what he is using might be a steel or metal sleeve of some kind. Not sure what the difference in composition, glass vs metal or even plastic, might do to the tonal and atonal quality.

Nick

In the old days, to get the effect the guitarist was displaying on the first guitar solo, they used to use a Coricidin bottle, glass version, on their finger. I see here that what he is using might be a steel or metal sleeve of some kind. Not sure what the difference in composition, glass vs metal or even plastic, might do to the tonal and atonal quality.

Nick
Justin Johnson will bounce back and forth from whiskey glasses all the way up through. YouTube him if you like mostly just guitar tunes. The man is very good! I don’t want to guess how many guitars he has, but if it’s got strings he can probably play it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweet_Johnny

The packs were fun as well as exercises in precision riding and power projection. One of the major clubs of the era actually ran a how to training course for its prospective members to teach them how to ride, turn, and stop in unison. The teacher was usually one of the more senior members of the chapter; (think very old and miserable Gunny/DI here) and the teaching aids/implements were nothing more than a couple of broomsticks, along with the prerequisite allotment of cuffs and slaps for being either too slow or too fast to execute. Once you get past the shock part, what was happening was precision performed at a level as intense and complicated as ballet, or color guard march pass on the parade ground, or formation flying.

Nick

So just because today was just too weird for words, here is some vintage musical weirdness from around 50? years ago.

And now for something even weirder yet newer

Recently passed to that greatest beach of sun surf and guitar, Dick Dale in a Spanish mood

And for the best in 60's british music weirdness......

it doesn't get mentioned in this version but at the time that this song was done, the venue was a club in Germany and they were introduced by a German emcee who clearly was baffled about "Coo-coos".

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugly1

Had this come back to my attention. The greatest about it apart from the music is the dancers, brings back memories.

This more likely belongs over in the Blues section but i don't dig the blues too often and it being Willy Dixon reminded me of Steppenwolf.

Nick

Reactions: Bonnewagon
Something to wake up with on a Sunday morning

Steppenwolf did this back in the 60's but here is a version that I had not previously encountered. Again, probably a candidate for the blues side of dodge but, hey it's Sunday and a long weekend so enjoy.

And out of the same genre, here is Jeff Beck. The singer is unknown to me but apparently well known to the crowd. The song is credited to Ellington Jordan with Etta James as the first singer back in 1967. Be mindful that Blues in the 60 was still highly marginalized and restricted. if you wanted the genuine quill, you either had to find a concert that featured it, or venture across the line to the dark side of town where the bars and dives had the best bluesmen. Or head for Nawleans; blues be all over the place down there, so it is said.

Nick..................ah sorry for the double link posted earlier; it's been corrected.

Last edited:
I don't think it gets much stranger than this..............................................

• Wow
Reactions: CopperNick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor