Not open for further replies.

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
no sway bar

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
I wonder if ther's a way, if you raised, or lowered the mount point and added Heim joints...Hmmm. I can see where they would bind up in the lowered position. There's gotta be a way-

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
yeah there is a way to do it. the sway bar will clear, just never got sway bar holes in the lower tubular control arms.

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
I just put my front end back together. I shortened my sway bar end links 2.5" but it seems to hold the car up about 1" from laying out. I'll probably take it out for now. I did have to lose my heater box :cry:

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
yeah that will happen when you want to run 20" wheels and slam it. I am going to install a hot rod a/c/ heat system this spring. everything will be in the dash with just the 4 lines coming out of a bulkhead.

A front sway bar will depend on what you are building your car for. my wagon i wanted to go as low as I could. The next car I do will be on air but more ProTour set up. might not touch the ground be will handle like a son of a b*tch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor