Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good, cupholders are always a nice upgrade :D

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
Looks good bro. Are your rear bags mounted to the OEM upper spring perch? And how are they mounted to the axle? I like how you ran the air lines through a bulkhead fitting. Any insight to the rear bag setup would be great. Also, are you running 7" bags in the rear? Thanks

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
boatshoes said:
Looks good bro. Are your rear bags mounted to the OEM upper spring perch? And how are they mounted to the axle? I like how you ran the air lines through a bulkhead fitting. Any insight to the rear bag setup would be great. Also, are you running 7" bags in the rear? Thanks

The rear bags do sit in the factory spring perch. I made custom brackets that I welded on to my diff. Because I went over kill with the C notch had to run a triple bellow 2600 bag. had the double bellow in there at first and had to run too much pressure in the rear bags to get the ride height I wanted. I run my back bags at about 36 psi ride height. nice plushy ride. Pm me your email and I will see if I can find some close up pictures the the brackets I made. It's all trial and error :) But well worth it. Ps my I raised my rear frame up about 6 inches

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
Blake442 said:
Looks good!
I saw it driving around the fairgrounds, but wasn't able to find it parked to take a good look at it...

Blake would have loved to put a face too the name. Next time just look for all the beer ! lol usually sit in the center somewhere's never really on the street. I love that show and your city! Wish I could call it home

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I certainly remember seeing this car and seeing/smelling the gas. :shock:

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Awesome thread! Nice job on your fab work! I do a lot of air bag stuff, but mostly I convert boat trailers to air ride suspension. Usually run bags in the back of the tow rigs for weight. Love your wagon!
Ringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor