"Modernizing" my 1984 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
trevorjm said:
Dakota Digital makes a complete set of digital gauges for g bodies but they're pretty crazy expensive (i think at least they're like $700)

Grand Prix dashes swap right in cause it's a g body and those swaps look really good. People have done BMW/Impala/and 3rd gen Camaro dashes that look good two. Seats from new monte carlo's fit in easily too and change the seats and look pretty good.
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=42526 here's those dash swaps.
Does that go for a 86' Grand Prix too??

trevorjm

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2011
BIGBrandon2785 said:
trevorjm said:
Dakota Digital makes a complete set of digital gauges for g bodies but they're pretty crazy expensive (i think at least they're like $700)

Grand Prix dashes swap right in cause it's a g body and those swaps look really good. People have done BMW/Impala/and 3rd gen Camaro dashes that look good two. Seats from new monte carlo's fit in easily too and change the seats and look pretty good.
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=42526 here's those dash swaps.
Does that go for a 86' Grand Prix too??

Yes, I believe that all the G-bodies use the same seat tracks so that'll work :D

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
FE3X CLONE said:
Almost any "modern" dash will not look right in a G-body. That Jag dash included.

The G-body has sharp, angular lines to it that a dash with a lot of curves just doesn't match or fit in.

However I prefer the custom touches that don't scream "hey, look at all the custom stuff I did!" but rather you would need to spend some time looking at what was done.
And in my opinion, there are very few modern dashes out there that match the lines and level of luxury and detail found in the Olds dashes with their wood grain, chrome accents, etc. Especially something from a a low level F-body.
x2! Same goes for center consoles IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor