Monte carlo ss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fla_G-Body

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2008
Quincy, Fl.
Ok just got a 87 monte carlo ss with t tops for 600 bucks. It has no motor, transmission, and missing some interior. The body is in great shape best ive ever seen. I got a 350 motor and 350 transmission. Im building it for a weekend cruiser and street/strip car. My question is should I keep the heater and a/c? If so I was thinkin about hooking the heater up for now and when i get a little more money doing all the a/c work. We all know how expensive that can be. But thats it just a small question and maybe even a dumb one. A/c or not?

I would probably go for the a/c. I have an a/c car right now, it's not working. But I plan to get it going before the heat sets in.

I used to always ditch the air in my older cars (none of them worked anyway lol). But then some years back I bought a GP with air, and it actually still worked. Well that was nice for the few years I had it. Then the next car I bought didn't have air. Wow, that was just torture after having the GP with air. And now ever since then I won't buy a car unless it has a/c (well usually lol).

To me it's not worth the extra 1/2HP (or whatever it is) or few less pounds to have to ride around in a rolling sauna.

But it's all personal preference. Do you wanna roast, or cruise in comfort?

lol i live in florida and i have been training myself for the cutlass, in my car that has a/c i only use it when my freinds are in the car, if not, windows down, shades on...

Wow you guys must be tough. I live up in Canada and I can't handle summer without a/c lol.

Keep the AC even if you just set the compressor off to the side because its not charged or whatever. It costs you nothing. So the engine bay does not look as clean. You will be glad you did not remove it if you go to sell it also.

Keep the A/C!!! Summer without it (and a good cooling system) is pure hell. I delivered pizza without it for a few summers and it almost killed me here in Florida.

lol, i dont mind a little sweat, i like driving with the windows down, it took me 16 years to be able to do it, but finally now that i drive i keep the windows down a lot lol, sometimes in my 2000malibu, i have the windows down and ac on. lol

where are you near tallahassee? did you see about the florida meet? you should only be about two hours from it.

Nothing wrong at all with the a/c on and the windows down. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor