monte exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewpie79

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Would a dual exhaust from an 84 Monte Carlo fit and bolt right on to an 84 Grand Prix? I saw a Mac setup on ebay relatively cheap. thanks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
how is the duel set up?..I have a GN exhaust on my 86 GP and it's a single pipe split into 2 after the cat....

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
ya but that is cat back not true dual exhaust. I have true duals with the pipes going on the passenger side then splitting out and dumping after the tires. If you mod the crossmember though it looks a little nicer and the pipe is equal length, which is important. Later i want to try those newer afterburner headers and mod the cross member and run 2.5" duals. stupid shop only put in 2.25" pipe. What the heck it's not a Honda let my car breath! oh well I'll just end up doing it myself like I always do.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
^^..I agree that with a single cat it's not a true duel but it's alot less complicated and since if came from a GN that was doing mid 12's I figured it had plenty of flow for my car, it's an aftermarket exhaust made by hooker ...plus I picked it up for $50...

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
can't beat that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor