Monte SS Cruise Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Cool thx much. This gives me motivation to dig a little deeper into this. I figure the diapham will stay put where the general put it. Good idea with the cable though, I never would have thought of that !

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
In between calls and emails I got my bracket fabbed up today at work. When switching from the orig Gen1 Intake to the Vortec intake I re-bent the original throttle / TV bracket to make it fit. So I was not surprised when I went to bolt the cruise servo back on to it I ended up 1.5 inches too high to bolt it to the back of the head. A quick rummage thru my toolbox looking for a small section of flat bar and I found a lock hasp. The hinged part has the same 3/8 hole, its elongated giving me the adjustment I need. And it's roughly the same thickness ( bonus ). So with a quick zip of the death wheel and a few shoddy welds the bracket is solid again. Satin black paint will forever hide the sin of welding thin stock with an Arc Welder whilst using the wrong rods. But Bah !!! its behind the head anyhow !!

I'm hot, sticky, and in dire need of beer ( and a shower ). Another great day at work :).

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I'm hot, sticky, and in dire need of beer ( and a shower ). Another great day at work :).

Hookin' ain't easy...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Hookin' ain't easy...

no Hooking Aint Easy ! I am indeed a wh*re for the money or saving money... either way its for the greater good !
And I may take you up on your offer for the missing pcs being the check valve and the 3 way nipple ( saying 3 way nipple out loud sounds kinky somehow ).

However this project may get put on the back burner for a while, Big job coming into work which will consume me, my family ( higher power willing they don't revolt ) and my free time for the next few weeks in the quest for small riches and other financial rewards !

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
trying imgur

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YNJw5"><a href="//imgur.com/YNJw5">July 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

and failing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor