monte ss instrument cluster into an 80 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaOffice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2008
A friend gave me a instrument cluster with all the needle guages. My 80 had none of this just a speedo, fuel guage, idiot lights for everything and a big *ss clock. How do I hook this up to my 80 monte? schematics anything would help

thx,
Neil

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL

DaOffice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for the info. I'll provide this to my buddy. He's good with electrical. I prefer to rip apart an engine before tinkering with electrical.

Thanks again

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
No ripping apart needed. You will just need a small flat precision screwdriver. There are little tangs that hold the pins in place on the black harness "plug" for the cluster, inserting the screwdriver under the pins pushes this tang up and allows you to pull the wire out without cutting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor