Moog 5660 springs in Malibu wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue I have is the right tire *just* kisses the very bottom of the front of the wheel opening where it rolls under when turning in reverse. I intend to send the car for alignment and ask them to set caster to the max spec to coax the tire back just a hair.

I ran the same wheel/tire on a Bonneville wagon and had no issues other than the rubbing the liner at the top outside because the springs were old and weak. I believe the Bonneville and GP have very similar wheel openings, which are more of a round radius at the lower portion than the Chevrolets, which are somewhat square in overall shape. I presume there was enough clearance on the Bonneville due to the slightly larger space between the tire and fender to avoid catching the fender.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I think I may have gone a smidge too big with 235/60/16s. Time will tell. Probably not this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor