Moog springs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
Looking for part numbers of moog springs. I want to bring the front down about an inch and the rear about 2 inches for a quick launch. Anybody have any part numbers or ideas to get this stance?

Thanks,
J

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
This is probably the hundredth post about moog springs on this website. Or go to google and type in "gbody moog" and the first website gives you the chart that I have posted in this post.

Look at the F body springs for the front. I went with 5660 s10 springs and cut a coil out to drop it roughly and inch or two. As far as the rear, I'm curious as well. Just haven't bothered with it cause I have already put new replacement springs in the back.

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
patmckinneyracing said:
This is probably the hundredth post about moog springs on this website. Or go to google and type in "gbody moog" and the first website gives you the chart that I have posted in this post.

Look at the F body springs for the front. I went with 5660 s10 springs and cut a coil out to drop it roughly and inch or two. As far as the rear, I'm curious as well. Just haven't bothered with it cause I have already put new replacement springs in the back.

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

Sorry! Wasant trying to be a pain or come off the wrong way. Just excited about owning a G-Body and more concerned about getting answers quick and clear. I have looked at the chart but call me a dumb a@@ cause I still dont understand it. I was told the front end could use some replacement parts and I have always had good results with moog. Since you seem to be somewhat of an expert could you be so kind to break down what im lookin for in Lamens terms? Just want to order the right parts the first time and get it over with. I was told the Hotchkis rear springs would be a good one to run however I want to be sure the fronts are just as good yet give me the stance im looking for.

Again, forgive me for coming off wrong but all this is new to me... I have lived in a Impala SS B-Body for 12 years and that was all I knew. Just need some guidance and someone to take me under there wing to help me out.
J

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
When replacing springs to lower a car or simply to refresh your suspension, it's hard to guide someone through sometimes. Engine weights (V6, V8, Olds engine, Chevy engines, etc) and miles on the vechicle all account for springs sagging over the years. Even cars with the same mileage can sag at differing rates. You want to drop your car (say for instance) 1" front and rear. Okay, your V6 springs get replaced with the same springs JoeBob's Cutlass with Olds V8 used to drop his 1'' but now your car sits higher than it was. Your old springs were, unknown to you, already sagging 2'' so your car now sits 1'' higher than it did with your old springs.

There's a lot more to it than "use **** number spring for a 1" drop''. Heck, even GM used multiple springs for differant engines and options such as no a/c, V6, V8, F41, etc. You may have to cut 1/2 coil or more to get your car to sit exactly the way you want it. Even though we all have g-bodies, I bet not 1 car here is built identical to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor