More Ontario shitty wiring jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Wow. Speechless. This might be the worst old GM car wiring, that has been posted here.

This is disturbing. As now I am starting to wonder if this vehicle had the old harness burned and replaced.

Heres why.

1. The vehicle has a lot of work done to the engine. From the aftermarket gauges, and the ports added, for oil and coolant which also is wired also with the light dimmer switch, as the dash was put back together but as you'd expect, it was done to a pathetic extent.

2. There is, and I am not kidding- nearly 80% of the entire harness cut, starting from alternator then the HEI under the hood, to under the dash casually let hanging, the main gromet in the firewall might be missing.

3. Theres a rubber vacuum hose, in a state that looks like it was exposed to flammable combustion temperatures.
Maybe someone was like F it and molotoved it in frustration..

laugh lol GIF by The IT Crowd

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
When I was rewiring my 81 Malibu I found an issue with a wire coming out of the fuse block. The dash was out of the car and the guy I bought the car from ran a gauge wire from the block. He used a butt connector and for some reason the wire he used was so short I couldnt reuse it. I went to a local yard I deal with. They have a stripped mid 80s Monte there. The cars basically just a shell. The dash was pulled but the fuse block was still in the car. I pulled the block out and cut into the original factory harness to get enough wire to be able to repair my block. It was an easy fix once I had a long enough wire.
1677592915241.jpeg

When I cut the tape back I found this factory splice. Pretty crazy. It was soldered together and had black tape similar to duct tape wrapped around it. GM. LOL

1677593388017.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor