more problems...carb install

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
trying to hook up the throttle cable and transmission cable. the throttle cable linkage (where linked to carb) is different than what was used with the old dualjet and won't fit the ball linkage on the edelbrock carb. It doesn't really line up all that good either. also, the transmission cable won't reach to where i have to hook it up to the new carb. any suggestion would be a big help. thanks.

here's a picture, hope this makes it a little more clear than my explanation:
IMG_1418.jpg

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
What engine combo, trans do you have?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
for the transmission link there is a button on the housing to release the lock so you pull the shaft out or you can just pull it out....it should be long enough and use the parts to hook up the throttle and transmission cable from your old carb

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
behind the housing that you clipped in to the bracket is there not a sleeve over the wire cable that you can push through the housing?

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
I see what you're saying. I didn't realize you could pull the whole wire housing through. I did that and looks to be long enough. thanks alot! the linkages on the old carb look like they're riveted on or something. there is no nut to take it off just a little flat piece of metal in the back. is there a way to get these off?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you can't get the old pieces off then is there anything you can use to rig it up to make it work for now?...was there nothing that came with the carb for the throttle and transmission cables?.....oh and don't forget to adjust the transmission cable once to get it attached

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
You should be able to go to your local parts store and get a pack of assorted ball studs and such.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
pontiacgp said:
if you can't get the old pieces off then is there anything you can use to rig it up to make it work for now?...was there nothing that came with the carb for the throttle and transmission cables?.....oh and don't forget to adjust the transmission cable once to get it attached

just one ball linkage for the throttle, but my throttle cable has a different fitting on the end and doesn't fit over the ball. nothing for the transmission cable.

I'll try the parts store tomorrow.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor