motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw71

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2011
Evansville Indiana
i am putting a 350 buick in a 83 regal. do i need to set the motor foward or back.got plenty of room. the frame pads do not match any of the holes to mount to. somebody help me.....

outlaw71 said:
i am putting a 350 buick in a 83 regal. do i need to set the motor foward or back.got plenty of room. the frame pads do not match any of the holes to mount to. somebody help me.....

Is this assuming your putting a chevy 350 in it?

The stock 231/3.8 and the Buick 350 use the same mounts.

As far as I can tell, they look identical to the ones I took out of my 1970 GS 350 many moons ago when I swapped a Buick 455 into it.

Same frame stands they are triangular, the middle bolt faces forwards, if that helps...

SAM_0396.jpg

SAM_0393.jpg

outlaw71 said:
Not sure about the buick 350, but the olds 350 motor mounts are in the middle of the engine, and the frame pads are as far back as possible. I would imagine the buick block is very similar, but I cant be positive on that. The 3.8 had mounts up closer to the timing cover and the frame pads were forward on the frame, IIRC. Hope this helps....

outlaw71 said:
hey bar50- did those frame mounts come with that car. or did you replace them....i need to find frame mounts like that in the pic.
I think Ive got an extra set....send em to ya for 20 bucks shipped. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor