Muncie 4 Speed. Hurst installation kit compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
So I've got my Muncie installed in my 87 SS. I am now trying to get the console in its factory location. Here is how it sits currently.

The shifter is a Hurst Competition Plus 391-8014. Application is 68-72 Chevelle, Etc. I do not know what installation kit I have, but here is where the shifter bolts.

I want to move the shifter back to fit the console better. If my research is correct, an installation kit for a 69 Chevelle will move it back about an inch. But if I get an installation kit for a 67 Camaro, it looks like it will move the shifter back a couple inches, which would be perfect.

I'm wanting to know if anyone else has tried this, and also will the Chevelle shifter work with the Camaro installation kit. I looked at the sticky above, and researched my *ss off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor