My 1,400rwhp TT LT1 Street Car Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
What generation LT1 are you planning? Gen 2 or Gen 5?
It's a GEN V, the block is out of a 2016 Corvette. Has an LT4 crank, Compstar rods, Carrillo pistons, stock heads, and a Procharger billet intake, but more on that is coming later this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
It's been a little bit since we had an update to the project, we didn't have a video for September due to delays in the project and a lack of free time from my business booming.

The ARB and Wishbone still needed to be welded at the end of the previous video, I didn't weld them because the arms of the ARB are billet aluminum, and I don't have an AC TIG here, so I figured I'd just have them both done at the same time. I took them over to my buddy Mike's shop, Belfab Race Cars, here in Vegas. Once those were done we headed back to the shop to blow the entire chassis apart, everything down to a bare frame, and then MIke came through and welded the K member, back half, coilover brackets, and all the plates and bars. After the frame was good to go, we cut the floors out of the body to make room for the back half (it sits basically in the back seat area), and got the body test fit back on the frame.

In the next video we'll be mounting the body and starting on the cage, but for now here are some pictures from this months update.

IMG_20190915_115045.jpg

IMG_20190915_230621.jpg

IMG_20190915_230632.jpg

IMG_20190922_234441.jpg

IMG_20191001_214741.jpg

IMG_20191001_155753.jpg

MVIMG_20191001_171924.jpg

And here's the video

Reactions: 6 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
This thread makes me feel like a bad person, I'm shooting for 1200hp and I'm not doing anything properly like this with the chassis. Lol

Killer build man, I'm loving it. Keep it coming.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
This thread makes me feel like a bad person, I'm shooting for 1200hp and I'm not doing anything properly like this with the chassis. Lol

Killer build man, I'm loving it. Keep it coming.

Not nessecarily a bad thing, it all depends on how the car will be used, I assume your goals for your car are different than mine, so obviously this wouldn't all be required. Mine has to make sure I still kiss my kids good night after I roll it at 160mph.

Thanks for the kind words though, for sure will keep at it, at least for the rest of the year.

Reactions: 2 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
very, very nice work.....and you can eat off the floor.....pride in your workshop certainly shining through.....

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Just fantastic work you got going on there. Keep us posted and keep up the great work !!! Love it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor