My 1971 Pontiac Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanic58

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2011
lol...thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to getting that new chassis under it...eventually. Probably, once I finally do get it installed, I'll be kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I am sure it is going to make a night and day difference in how it drives. I just haven't had the time to mess with it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The problem with threads like these gets me looking in kijiji at the classic cars and trying to figure out how I can take on another project even though I know it's not possible.. :(

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
Cool project!
I like the stock, sleeper look, with no graphics and the original color.
Certainly doesn't give away the performance potential of your powertrain.

Bill

mechanic58

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2011
pontiacgp said:
The problem with threads like these gets me looking in kijiji at the classic cars and trying to figure out how I can take on another project even though I know it's not possible.. :(

Tell me about it - DRIVEN's thread about his quad4-powered Datsun wagon has my mouth watering to do a quad4 project. I have some experience with those engines and they are fantastic 4cyl platforms with lots of potential. Off hand, I can prolly think of about 25 different vehicles that would make great potential recipients of one of those motors. I'd love to do a project featuring one. I shoulda never clicked on his thread, but the title was just too tempting.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
HAHA. Gotcha! Come for the ambiguous thread title - stay for the automotive heresy :lol: .

If it makes you feel any better, your thread has had me checking CL daily for a BOP Xbodys. There, we're even.

mechanic58

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2011
I'll sell ya mine - you won't find a nicer one. lol

I actually have contemplated selling it. See, I have this disease - I see cars and I want them, but I know I can't have them all at the same time, so I get cars...do stuff to them, then I see another one I want. Sometimes I buy it anyway and then I end up with too much sh*t - eventually I crack and let one go. I have owned this Ventura for a pretty long time though, going on 5 years now. That's nearly a record for me. Well, not really, there have been a few cars that I kept for a pretty good long while, however I highly doubt this car will ever end up in the top spot. Eventually I am going to run into someone with an *ss-pocket full of cash that wants it more than I do - and just like that, it'll be gone. NEXT!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
That all sounds too familiar. I love your car and probably would have built it much the same way. My problem is that I like to build stuff more than I like to maintain it. Buy, build, sell, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor