My 383 Stroker is in and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing scares me!!! I think "cruisin" is an understatement...... 😀 Have fun with it!!

when you get the dyno sheet take a picture of it or scan it and post it up. If you do a write up of your motor it will give some of us o0ther guys an idea of what our motors are making. you're going to intimidate the hell out of some people on the street, it's really too bad it's just for cruising, I'd love to see what it runs.

Well I experienced a minor setback.

After the first start up and video, the car was getting harder and harder to keep running. Here between the set up on the dyno and the first day of the install, the MSD Streetfighter distributor took a dump. It was sending out eradic spark pulses and took it out of electrical timing. Mechanically it was timed dead on, but spark wasn't reaching the cylinders when it was suppose to. Went and robbed the distributer that was still onthe original 305 from 1978, slipped it in, timed it and runs perfect now. It makes my video sound sick compared to now. I have a new Malory distributer on order and should be good to go 100% soon.

Engine builder is getting me the printed off dyno sheet asap, and I will post it once it arrives. I will also do another open header at idle video to post, so you can get the real feel of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor