My 80 Turbo Monte build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr T Type

Apprentice
Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
20160505_184202.jpg
Well, fired up the fresh engine last night. It was built back in 2012 and never fired so I got to do the honors. After I had it running some what calm I tried to put It in Gear... nothing. After some deap thought and cuss words i decided to check the fly wheel... sure enough no one bother to bolt it to the torque converter. So I was breaking in my motor without the load of the torque converter. Bolted it up, and let it run awhile, and now I'm getting a knocking sound from the engine some place. @$$! So I will dig into it a little and give you guys an update to what I find.

Mr T Type

Apprentice
Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
View attachment 50664 Well, fired up the fresh engine last night. It was built back in 2012 and never fired so I got to do the honors. After I had it running some what calm I tried to put It in Gear... nothing. After some deap thought and cuss words i decided to check the fly wheel... sure enough no one bother to bolt it to the torque converter. So I was breaking in my motor without the load of the torque converter. Bolted it up, and let it run awhile, and now I'm getting a knocking sound from the engine some place. @$$! So I will dig into it a little and give you guys an update to what I find.

Engine is still running ruff, turned out the rattle was from the valve on the drivers side exhaust manifold rubbing on the fire wall. I hope..... haven't heard the noise since I gave the valve some clearance. Engine shakes and smells rich or I have exhaust leaks... probably both. Still trying to dial this thing in.

Mr T Type

Apprentice
Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
My car has a factory tach, but I can't seem to find the wiring or any info how it works. I would assume I plugs In at the distributor cap as usual, but there are no wires located in the loom that I can see for it

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
It would plug in at the distributor, then goes to a small filter on the firewall. Some of the harnesses have the wire rolled up behind the gauge cluster and taped off so a tach is plug and play.
On the carb screws 3 1/2 to 4 turns is about right.

Mr T Type

Apprentice
Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
It would plug in at the distributor, then goes to a small filter on the firewall. Some of the harnesses have the wire rolled up behind the gauge cluster and taped off so a tach is plug and play.
On the carb screws 3 1/2 to 4 turns is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor