My 83 Grand prix. 5.0l, Auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
yeah. I still say 5 1/4's in the rear sides but either way it sounds like you know what your doin. Your fronts, by the way will sound insane.

Represent316

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
I just hope i can get some kicks fiberglassed up. I cut my baffles for them today.

CompBaffles.jpg

Just time to get my stock kicks back in place, And start glassing!

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Q Forms makes some too but if you know how to make your own you can probably do a better job anyway. I wasn't especially impressed with theres.

Represent316

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
I aint paying $180 for a set of kicks, When making them would inspire me to make some 1 off peices for the rest of my car. I did have someone who had a set in storage, That i was gonna buy. They never got back with me tho :[

Represent316

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
I decided id go out, And cut the remainder of my sub hole's out, When i got a tad bit carried away. Next thing you know i got a circular saw in my hand. And am ripping upo the 4x8 sheet.

2 hours ago, I started on this:

rebox2.jpg

rebox1.jpg

rebox3.jpg

I already had it drawn out on the board, But i cut, Clamped, Predrilled, unclamped, Glued, Reclamped, Screwed it all together in a lil over 2 hours. Seem's came out nice, However ill be sanding about a 1/16" off of one side. Dunno if it was my measuring, or cut, But theres one corner that sticks out past square. Shouldnt be too hard to get sanded down.

As far as stacking the amp's, Im real concerned about the heat. Not to mention i like my stuff Symetrical, So i think im gonna go with one on each side.. Depending on what kinda room i can muster up. Either way, The box MUST be in the middle, Due to the trunk hinge lumps in the trunk lid.

Comparing the size of this box [2cuft^3 per chamber], There is NO WAY the last box was anywhere near the 2.5-3cuft^3 the shop told me it was. I feel Jipped, But the box is long gone, As well as subs, So no complaints here.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Your car is sweeet :D you should do a fiberglass enclosure just a thought

Represent316

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
Gotta get the Kick panel's, And Rear side panel's done first. Its been kinda cold, and im waiting on more money for misc. wiring componets.

RESEALED3.jpg

RESEALED1.jpg

RESEALED2.jpg

Represent316

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
Wow i havent updated this in a while. Lets see where we shall start.

Ordered my ID oem's for the rear side panel's. They will be ran @ 2 ohm's with the front componets to the 4002.

Mid's and high's, Oh my!
IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

Decided to go with Doorpods, instead of kick panel's. Got started on them:
doorpod10.jpg

doorpod07.jpg

doorpod12.jpg

Doorpod13.jpg

DoorPods2.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Also started fiberglassing my tweeter cups into my A pillar panel's:
IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

(These are currently in the garage curing.)

Fiberglass fabrication is about half way done, I still have to make a pod for my volt meter, As well as panels for my Image dynamics OEM 6.5"s that are going in the arm rests in the back seat, Then onto body filler / sanding / grinding.

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
Looks like you know a thing or two about audio :lol:
Once I get ready to put a (mild) system in mine, we will be in touch lol.
And car/ work looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor