My 83 Wagon

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack.
Those wheels... not the look I wanted but I got tired of shopping and trying to figure out what fits. DONE !!!!! LOL
At least you know that these wheels fit without clearance issues. They no doubt update the appearance and have a classic look.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
These are 15' wheels, correct? Perhaps you have gone with a slightly larger tire up front...say a 215/65 x 15? It looks great.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,
These are 15' wheels, correct? Perhaps you have gone with a slightly larger tire up front...say a 215/65 x 15? It looks great.
Jack,
I tried the 215/65s that are on the front of the 81. Those are also on 6" rims. This is what they looked like. Cut the wheel from side to side. Room to the wheelwell opening. Pushed down on the bumper multiple times while my buddy had his hands up on the top of the tire. They were really close to hitting the inners on both sides right at the very top of the tires. There was room on the sides front and rear to the inners. Not much from the top. Lot more room on the 205s all the way around. Im just going to live with the way it looks. Its dropped 2". I really dont have the ambition to pull the springs out again to mess with it. I want to drive it this year. Plus I still have to figure out the brake issue on the 81.

Attachments

• IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: 1 user

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
Glad this thread popped up on the main page a few days ago. Read through every page pretty much and I’ve gotta say, the color of this car inside and out might be the coolest I’ve ever seen! Would love to do something similar to my wagon some day. Simply outstanding

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack,
I tried the 215/65s that are on the front of the 81. Those are also on 6" rims. This is what they looked like. Cut the wheel from side to side. Room to the wheelwell opening. Pushed down on the bumper multiple times while my buddy had his hands up on the top of the tire. They were really close to hitting the inners on both sides right at the very top of the tires. There was room on the sides front and rear to the inners. Not much from the top. Lot more room on the 205s all the way around. Im just going to live with the way it looks. Its dropped 2". I really dont have the ambition to pull the springs out again to mess with it. I want to drive it this year. Plus I still have to figure out the brake issue on the 81.
Mich,
I figured the 215's would normally be a good all around size for the fact that they're standard on the GN, Monte SS, 442, etc. I've had 215's on my car in past years. I went with 235/60's which are just a slight bit wider and maybe a fraction taller. Although, I do get some rubbing up front lock to lock.
Btw, the wheel in the picture above looks really good on there. Is that one of the wheels off of your coupe?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Glad this thread popped up on the main page a few days ago. Read through every page pretty much and I’ve gotta say, the color of this car inside and out might be the coolest I’ve ever seen! Would love to do something similar to my wagon some day. Simply outstanding
Thanks for the compliment.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor