My 83 Wagon

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,
I figured the 215's would normally be a good all around size for the fact that they're standard on the GN, Monte SS, 442, etc. I've had 215's on my car in past years. I went with 235/60's which are just a slight bit wider and maybe a fraction taller. Although, I do get some rubbing up front lock to lock.
Btw, the wheel in the picture above looks really good on there. Is that one of the wheels off of your coupe?
Jack,
Youre correct about the Weld wheel. Its off the coupe. I kinda liked the way it looked ! Tried the 8" on the rear and not even close to fitting. That was with 275/60s. It would have looked pretty tough though !
Is your wagon lowered ?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
The car is actually at stock height. I used F41 springs at the time, but has since leveled out. At first they raised the car somewhat, which was a plus living in NYC with it's terrible roads. I'm content with the ride height. However, I would've liked it a little lower, but it's all good.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,
The car is actually at stock height. I used F41 springs at the time, but has since leveled out. At first they raised the car somewhat, which was a plus living in NYC with it's terrible roads. I'm content with the ride height. However, I would've liked it a little lower, but it's all good.
Im sure thats why the 215s fit on the coupe so well.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Its been months since my last post so I figured you guys might like to see the little change.
When I had the front door panels done I was on the fence about using the vinyl along the top. A couple of my friends thought it would look good with it since the back door had a strip along the top. At the time I thought it made sense. The other factor being the guy in the shop telling me it would keep the top clean instead of getting worn from my arm. Well, yesterday I pulled the drivers side off. This morning I took it to the shop along with a set of stripped front uppers. The guys making another set with no vinyl. Just the cloth going up to the top and over with the same stitched pattern. Pretty much like every G body made in the 80s. They should be ready by the beginning of next week. The first set cost $100 each which I thought was the deal of the century. Now the price went up to $180 and I think thats still a great price.
While this is apart I can finally replace the outer sweep on the drivers door. I dont remember if I installed it or it was done in the bodyshop but the front part of the rubber is at least 3/4" too short.

Attachments

• IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    523.4 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Got the new and improved door panels on the other day. Shop owner knocked the price down to $170 each because he took so long to get them done. Sorry mclellan83 but I think no vinyl looks much better. LOL

IMG_1233.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice job on the door panels, Mich. I think the fabric looks richer than your typical vinyl panels.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Nice job on the door panels, Mich. I think the fabric looks richer than your typical vinyl panels.
Thanks Jack ! My thinking is that same cloth was used on a ton of Cutlasses built in the 80s and they all looked good. A similar pattern too.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor