My 87 Build & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
sorry I have been gone for a while but I have been using my school comp and they have this site blocked so ya. Anyways, I have been thinking of running a 6-71 blower on a 355 chevy. Is this possible to drive on the street? I would only drive it about 2 or 3 miles a day and maybe 40 or 50 on the weekends. I mostly just putt around town and maybe take it to the city on the weekends. Also, will it all wit under a 6 inch scoop? Thanks in advance guys.

smooth_358

Apprentice
Feb 6, 2008
rosemount, mn
wow I want your seats.. Its so hard to find the tan buckets that you have. Nice looking car but I'm partial to the euro front

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
THanks guys. Ya, i lucked out on the interior.

But, what do you guyst think about dropping a 350 olds in this insteat of anything else?

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
here are a few, mor up to date pictures

Bam.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I think it's weird that a school blocks this site... it's just an automotive forum. As for the 6-71 blower, they are a bit passe in terms of style. If you ran one, you would want to be sure the car can back it up, and to do that means a new drivetrain and an engine built to handle a blower. I would probably run twin turbos or a large centrifugal blower instead, but that's just me.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
ya, I have pretty much ruled out the blower. I found a 350 olde motor for 350 dollars that runs and all. So, I was gonna throw a cam and lifter kit in it and maybe a new manifold along with headers. What do you think of that?

STL84Calais

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2009
jonnyv713 said:
ya, I have pretty much ruled out the blower. I found a 350 olde motor for 350 dollars that runs and all. So, I was gonna throw a cam and lifter kit in it and maybe a new manifold along with headers. What do you think of that?

I think its a damn good start, as said before, an olds motor will bolt right in. You will need to upgrade the transmission if you have a 3 speed right now (TH200), a TH350 should do you well, if you have the 4 speed (TH200R4) you should be just fine. Sweet cutty by the way, mine is pretty darn close to yours in appearence, I'm building a 455 for mine.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I think the Olds engine is your best bet, at least for ease of swap. I am currently in the middle of the 260 to 350 swap myself. I noticed the SD plate, where do you live? Nice Cutlass by the way, they are hard to find up here without floppy doors.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
thanks guys. I have the 4 speed so we should be good.

Now I found a buick regal for 200 dollars but the trans is bad but it comes with another motor. Maybe 350 olds. How do I tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor