my build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Make sure you have enough clearance when using those pistons.0045" clearance needed, I believe. Otherwise overheating and scuffing will occur.

layedoutregal

Greasemonkey
Jul 3, 2009
Waukegan IL
Is that from the piston to the wall? or the top to the head??a friend is building it for me, i will be helping him with somethings but its been 12yrs lol

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sorry I never replied. That was piston to wall. If you have overheating that could be the cause, nice that you kept it Olds, an very under rated motor.

layedoutregal

Greasemonkey
Jul 3, 2009
Waukegan IL
its cool, i did get it running but havent baan able to adjust the rockers completely had a co;d these past few days and its like 45 out side, but it sounds good with open headers, i need to replace the power steering pump though i think its bad i lifted the front and tried to trun the wheel from left to right while running and it still dont work, but other than that just need an exhaust and im done for the year..

layedoutregal

Greasemonkey
Jul 3, 2009
Waukegan IL
got the exhaust done on it, drove it back to the trl and the power steering started to work must have had air in the line, got everything adjusted yest, drove it around the block a couple of time, next summer is gonna be fun :twisted:

layedoutregal

Greasemonkey
Jul 3, 2009
Waukegan IL
ok ppl, i took it out for the first time and laid some rubber down, just to check out the rear end i put in..it works lol, i do have one question, i have a edl electric choke, im using an electric fan wich i have hooked up the ignition, with the fan running constantly will that keep my engine always cool and keep the choke on all the time, does it need to reach a certain temp to shut it off or am i fine?

captain-FN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
charlottetown pei canada
sweet ride man....... and love the engine choice..... hope mine turns out as good as yours

nola504boy

Apprentice
Feb 15, 2010
atlanta ga.
sweet regal im putting a big block in mine this summer cant wait :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor