my build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factory thermostats are often 192 degrees so 195 to 200 sounds fine. Although there is often a lil more power in a cooler engine. 180 degree stats are often used for performance setups or even 160 on a street strip kind of setup. But at 160 it often compramises mileage a bit and doesnt always burn off everything so you end up dirtying your oil quicker.

Get a high flow 160 or 180 thermostat. A radiator like the Champion 3 core might be needed to cool your new motor where you want it. The stock rad just doesn't cut it with a bigger, higher compression motor.

uneek1976 said:
You got a very clean regal there!!!!!! Any updated pics?
i havent taken any, i will once spring is here and i can clean it up a lil, the motor is built and almost broken in, gonna have it dynoed and tuned next month, wanna make sure i get all e hp i can out of it, and thanks i found the car in indiana suprised at how clean it really was, but just waxed and polished it up and was really amazed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor