my ebay deal gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

7.5ltr_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2009
I thought this was worth making a post about.

This was around Thanksgiving 2011. I had been following a rear brake disc to drum conversion thread. And after looking for a while at home turned to the internet to find things i needed. I had seen the calipers I needed at advanced auto parts going for $120(ea) so i hit the forums knowing someone would have some. Found nothing even pm'd a few folks. I ended up coming across the calipers i was looking for on ebay for $10. A deal this sweet i couldn't pass up so i bid on them thinking no one else is going to be looking for this type caliper. Surprised I won the bid i payed the guy asap and waited for my calipers to come.

Well to make a long story short It was Christmas now and i still hadn't received any boxes at my door. I emailed the seller waited a couple days and got an email saying he was out of town and had the tracking number at his desk, he'd shoot it to me when he got back. I didn't get a tracking number and after a few more emails with the guy i started seeing i wasn't getting my calipers either. Frustrated I hit the junk yards here in town again and turned up empty handed. I was still waiting to if anything turned up at my door but nothing.

This morning i wake up and i'm taking my daughter to school she asks me did i get the boxes i was looking for before christmas. So i called paypal and started whatever it is they do to get my money back. Now yesterday I called and emailed a couple people and found one person here in my state FL who has the calipers and is sending me a picture of them. We talked on the phone and agreed to a price and a time and place to meet. So i texted this guy back when i got to work this morning telling him i never got the picture yesterday. He sends the picture right away funny thing is its the same picture that was on ebay. I asked the guy if these were on ebay. He said no, and after i jogged his memory he put two and two together and figured out i was the guy on ebay he'd been emailing with. He explained again that he sent the others but would send these in there place to make right. I told him i called paypal for a refund and when he sends me the calipers to send me and paypal the tracking number.

Wierdest thing is the guy's info on ebay showed he was in CT and his phone number is i CT also but he says he lives in central FL. I think its shady what do you guys think? Either way paypal is working on getting my money back.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
did he make it right like he said if he did then call paypal and have them drop there investigation and if he didn't then call ebay and let then know what has happen and that the guy is using an unconfirmed address it says ct but he is fl and he hasn't sent your item.They will straighten it out.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Dude, not trying to be rude, but for $10, It's a lesson learned, for cheap.

Couple years ago I bought a set of rims and tires on a site wheelswest.ca, and their prices were pretty good, they were located in Vancouver, BC. So I call and speak to a guy named Andy and he tells me I can pay through paypal -- which to me is a good thing, seeing as the bulk of my income comes in from Paypal and I have a balance there -- it was convenient.
Staggered Giovanny 20" chrome rims and Nitto NT 555 tires for $2450 including taxes and shipping.

Long story short, I never got them. They call you and stall -- just to get past the 45 day limit that paypal has, if any buyer wants to file a dispute and get their money back. So because of empty promises, I filed my dispute with Paypal on the 46th day after purchase. Paypal refused to help me, because I was one day late! WTF??? I later found out this guy's a con artist and has ripped off several other people, and they also had an ebay website doing the same thing.

That's just one of my rip offs, and that was an expensive lesson for me. and that's not even the biggest loss I've suffered from rip off artists. If all you lost is $10.... I'd count your lucky stars bro. If anyone ever did that to me and I found him (now), I'd break his kneecap and leave him crippled.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah don't just talk to Paypal about that. You HAVE to talk to Ebay too! They're super friendly and they will shut him down on the spot if there are other people getting jipped too

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Yeah $10 isn't much of a loss, but I can see it's the principle behind it. Like 454muscle said be thankful that it was a small amount. I've been pretty lucky with ebay because I make sure to look at seller feedback, even read the comments if there's any doubts.

The one time I did get burned through paypal (from a craigslist transaction) I filed a dispute and they returned my money after a short investigation. I stayed on the seller's *ss, gave him multiple chances and even gave him a dead line to make it right. He keep bullshitting me so I had to turn the screws on him. It's a good idea to retain any email communication from people until you get your items.

7.5ltr_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2009
Ebay totaled to $35 with shipping.

He said he's going to send me the calipers friday. I'm not canceling my dispute with paypal since i was told by them there next step is to contact the seller and get the tracking number. So i feel like if he comes through with his word and ships friday he can give them that tracking number, making everything right.

454muscle :wtf: i would of had to sit Andy down face to face and have a conversation with him. You know pulp fiction style jules and ringo lol.

I didn't even think to call ebay but if this second time falls through i'll be doing that. And i've kept all the emails from our conversation just in case.

84e/c

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2010
bethpage.ny
only 10 bucks but that scum, does it all day long probably 7 days a week 10 bucks at a time. what a piece of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor