My First Project Ever- 84 Regal Limited w/ Pontiac 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoelacanthsKill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2017
MI
Good news: T-350 is common, strong, available, fixable. Bad news: it is almost impossible to feed a one-piece fuel line from the motor to the fuel tank with the body on the frame- and that's how the factory did it. Better news: I ran brand new fuel line by NOT routing it exactly like the factory did. I just went around the obvious impossible road blocks and I used five foot double flared sections connected with proper unions. I know- double flaring is for brake lines. True. So I'm a belt-and-braces kind of guy. Since fuel supply line operates under suction you can get away with straight cut lines connected with compression fittings. The return line is very low pressure too. Either way works.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I'm pretty sure my fuel line is pressurized and not under vacuum since the fuel pump is in the back

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
No, not ignorant. The car came with a suction type fuel pump stock. If someone installed an electric pusher pump at the rear- then that changes things. Now you probably should make any connections double flared and use unions.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Stock there weren't in tank pumps unless the car had the TBI 4.3 or the turbo 3.8 to my recollection. Everything else used a mechanical pump. Listen and see if you can hear a fuel pump at all in the tank. You probably would've noticed one of those parts store clicky clacky pumps while you were crawling under the car. Alternatively, disconnect the rubber line from the pump to the line, and try and start it. See if gas comes out. If not, no pump. I doubt someone would go through all that trouble when a stock mechanical pump works just fine, but then again they did rip the vapor line off.

CoelacanthsKill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2017
MI
Found a rebuilt th350 for $400.

Selling my 2 th350's that need to be rebuilt
One is in unknown condition but told it needs rebuilt: $50
Other has 1st & 2nd, no 3rd & reverse that rarely hits: $75

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Found a rebuilt th350 for $400.

Selling my 2 th350's that need to be rebuilt
One is in unknown condition but told it needs rebuilt: $50
Other has 1st & 2nd, no 3rd & reverse that rarely hits: $75
Have better luck in the for sale section, or your craigslist.

CoelacanthsKill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2017
MI
Have better luck in the for sale section, or your craigslist.

No hurry to sell. Both cases need to be degreased just a little so they're able to be picked up without them slipping away lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor